Estimate each job by value engineering on production in conjunction with obtaining equipment, materials, and subcontractors needed at low material pricing to obtain volume of work consistent with annual volume and margin goals.
Accurately estimating jobs to obtain work that will support yearly volume and margins on work equal to or exceeding annual goals
- Obtaining hard bid projects
- Staying current with bid opportunities available
- Understanding each phase of job and how work will be completed
- Delivering an estimate utilizing the competencies of a value engineer
- Finding an advantage over competition and acknowledging the risks of job being estimated
Estimating Design Build projects
- Participate as a key individual in client sales presentations
- Maintaining positive relationships with customers
- Maintaining a listing of qualified viable vendors, subcontractors, and suppliers for each trade
- Provide Vice President estimate breakdowns for job costings prior to project commencement and update with each change order and/or work scope
- Transferring Estimate to Job
- Provide hard copy of estimate file to Administrative Assistant/Accounting Clerk to transfer estimate into current accounting software
- Coordinate start-up meeting with Project Manager, General Superintendent, Foreman, Vice President (if available), and President (if available)
- Maintain open line of communication with Project Manager
- Review job costs and manpower hours monthly through end of the project to keep abreast of current construction needs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Communication Proficiency
- Mathematical Skills
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma
- Ten (10) years supervisory construction experience or four (4) year engineering degree with four (4) years experience
- Proficient in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook)